MULTIPLE METER GAS SERVICE LINE PROTECTION TERMS
- The program only applies to Customers who own and maintain
a gas service line less than 125 feet in length to their residence which services
two or three gas meters and can or will be taken out of service by the local
utility in the event of a line break or ground problem caused by normal wear
and tear. Gas service lines used for multi-unit housing with four or more
meters and commercial purposes are excluded. Reconnection of the Customer
to actual service after a line is repaired or replaced is determined by the
- The program only covers gas lines in good working order
at the time of the Customer's enrollment. Equitable HomeWorks reserves the
right to inspect a gas service line for this purpose within 60 days of receipt
of Customer's application. Customer represents he/she knows of no preexisting
line leaks or damage during the last three years.
- The program only covers the labor and materials to repair
or replace a gas service line in the event of line failure, leak, or rupture
due to ordinary wear and tear. The Program does not cover line repair or replacement
for damage from acts of nature, acts of Customer or third parties, fire, flooding,
subsidence, natural disasters, abuse, vandalism, or other abnormal causes.
This Program does not cover the repair or replacement of lines from the meter
to, or inside of, a Customer's residence, it does not cover underground gas
house lines, it does not cover updating or moving non-leaking gas pipes to
meet current code, law or ordinance requirements or recommendations by your
gas company, nor does it cover the cost of a temporary service line during
the repair period. This program is not a warranty or insurance policy. All
warranties are disclaimed, including the implied warranty of merchantability.
- Customer's enrollment is on a monthly basis and is subject
to acceptance by Equitable HomeWorks under applicable laws and to credit approval.
Program fees are billed in advance to Customers, plus any sales or other taxes
that apply. The coverage period commences on the first day of the next month
after receipt of your payment. If a payment due has not been received in full,
Equitable HomeWorks will discontinue your participation in the Program at
the end of the last prepaid month.
- Customer may terminate his/her enrollment in the Program
at any time; however, no termination may occur within 12 months of a line
replacement or repair under the Program. To terminate before the 12 months,
Customer must reimburse the cost of the line replacement or repair made. Equitable
HomeWorks will not refund any prepayments made to the Multiple-Meter Gas Service
Line Program. Equitable HomeWorks reserves the right to change or terminate
Program, or adjust the Program fees, upon 60 days prior written notice.
- When a gas service line is repaired or replaced, site
restoration is limited to removal of backfill and tamp to grade only. The
Program does not cover temporary paving, restoration of paved or concrete
surfaces, replacement of walls, structures, gardens, trees, or shrubbery.
- Limitation of Liability: Equitable HomeWorks' liability
to Customer is limited solely to repair or replacement of the Customer's gas
service line. Equitable HomeWorks shall have no other liability for any environmental,
property, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages.
In no event shall Equitable HomeWorks be liable for any failure or delay in
providing services due to acts of nature, compliance with laws, actions of
third parties, labor strikes, unavailability of parts, or other causes beyond
Equitable HomeWorks' control.
- Equitable HomeWorks intends to retain qualified local independent contractors to provide Program services to Customers. Line repair or replacement/equipment repair services will be performed by Equitable HomeWorks’ network of service providers (Contractors) and Equitable HomeWorks will have no liability to Customer for services rendered by unauthorized third party contractors. Customer must contact Equitable HomeWorks at 1-888-742-5427 to arrange for line repair or replacement. Equitable HomeWorks will make an effort to accommodate Customer schedules, however, services will be dispatched based upon available times during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm), Monday through Friday, except holidays. In no event shall Equitable HomeWorks or its contractors be liable for delays or a failure to provide service, materials and/or merchandise. The Contractor will contact the Customer within eighteen (18) hours to arrange for repair or replacement of the line/equipment.
- The maximum Equitable HomeWorks will pay to repair or
replace a gas service line under the Program is $2,000.